Gaastra Pilot 6.0 (2016)
- Straight leech and re-worked twist
- Compact Batten Positioning
- Stabilized Head Configuration
- Revised Panel Layout with less seams and better protected clew area
- Use of NEW C-Film for better durability and performance
- Use of Dacron in the luff panel for softer, smoother feeling and maximum neutrality
- Radial Panel Layout 3G: improved layout for perfect locked in sail shape, smooth profile, twist control and durability
- 3D EVA mast protector. New design, more user friendly, much easier to handle for maximum shock-absorbing and minimal weight
- 3D mast head protector for maximum shock-absorbing and minimal weight
- Vario Top protector. This little feature protects the exposed adjusting webbing from wear and tear
- Revised window for higher durability
- Tolerant luff curve gives the Pilot a forgiving character
- Wide mast compatibility works great with various masts
The Pilot is our entry point freeride sail. It has all the high-grade features you would expect to find on a GA sail. The simplified design ensures that anyone from a complete beginner and beyond will enjoy its effectiveness. The continued use of a mast-tolerant luff curve will allow you to rig the Pilot with a variety of masts, irrespective of different bend characteristics.
For 2016 we introduced the posi leech system to the Pilot to create better low-end acceleration and an improved sailing trim. We also added a new batten shape, adding profile curve to the front third of the rig. A new panel layout with fewer seams makes the sail stronger and lighter then before. Refined shaping techniques and luff curve together with the compact batten positioning and stabilized head configuration make the 2016 Pilot the perfect choice to jump onto a premium freeride product.
Refined shaping techniques and luff curve together with the compact batten positioning and stabilized head configuration make the 2016 Pilot the perfect choice to jump onto a premium freeride product.
Learning and improving your sailing has just became easier with the Pilot. Take control of your windsurfing experience and enjoy the ride!